Garage Door Repair:
How do I know when my garage door needs a repair
or needs to be replaced?
A garage door is the largest moving object in the home that is often operated by electric garage door openers. Proper installation, operation, maintenance and testing of the garage door and electric garage door opener are necessary to provide safe, trouble-free operation. An improperly adjusted garage door or garage door opener can exert deadly force when the door closes.
Garage Door Replacement
A new garage door is not just a replacement of an old or broken garage door.
A new garage door is one of the best remodeling investments that you can make in your home. Based on Remodeling Magazine's December 2010 Cost vs. Value Report, garage door replacement is the #2 home remodeling project to recoup most of its cost when the home is sold. Garage door replacement recoups 84% of its cost, right behind entry door replacement.
Not only can you update the look of your home by replacing the largest and most prominent door to your home, but with today’s selection of available garage doors, you can improve the energy efficiency, storm and wind protection and curb appeal of your home also. In addition, today’s garage doors are much easier to maintain and will provide years of long-lasting beauty to your home.
We Recommend Before Repairing Your Garage Door or Even Considering the Replacement of Your Garage Door...
Consider Some Common Garage Door Issues and Insights the Door Professionals at
Toledo Door And Window Has to Offer!
- My door squeaks when it opens and closes.Springs, rollers and hinges can squeak and be noisy. This is caused by normal use and does not necessarily indicate a problem. Before calling Toledo Door and Window try using a spray-on lubricant (recommended specifically for garage doors). If noise persists, call Toledo Door and Window for service.
- The Cable is frayed.Contact Toledo Door and Window immediately. Do not attempt to remove, repair or adjust springs or cable. HIGH SPRING TENSION CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
- Garage door doesn't open smoothly, but in a jerky motion or with loud noises.This may be due to the lack of maintenance of the garage door or garage door opener. Consult Toledo Door and Window for a professional service check-up.
- When I push the button on my garage door remote, the garage door doesn’t open.This could be due to several issues. The most common is that your garage door remote may need the batteries replaced. The safety photo eyes on your garage door opener may be out of alignment or your spring(s) may be broken. Please consult Toledo Door and Window for help.
- My garage door does not close all the way, but goes back up into the open position.An object may be blocking the path of the photo eye sensors of a garage door opener or the photo eye sensors of the opener may be misaligned.Please consult Toledo Door and Window for help.
- I have a black residue on the exterior of the garage door. These residue marks are caused by the oil-coating that is on the garage's torsion springs. Care for your garage door with an annual maintenance washing of the door to quickly remove these ugly residue marks.
- The bottom of my garage door has rust spots.These rust spots may be caused by salt used during the winter to melt ice and snow or chemical splatter from a driveway cleaner. Make sure to clean your garage door with water and soap to remove any debris that may remain on your garage door exterior.
Are You Ready to Go Local?
Great! When you invest your home improvements with Toledo Door And Window you’re not just helping local business owners – you’re also helping yourself and your local economy. You’re making Northwest Ohio and Southeast better, a better place to live in, with rich window and door character, and a thriving economy.
And the more local businesses like Toledo Door And Window prosper, the more other local businesses will too, making it even easier to continue shopping locally in the future. So call, email or stop by the Toledo Door And Window showroom at 5153 Secor Road in Toledo Ohio to begin your journey to new windows and doors today!
Visit Our Showroom
Toledo Door And Window
5153 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623
Call Us For
Window and Door
Sales • Installation
Residential • Commercial
Service | Installation