Not all warranties are created equal and sometimes it all comes down to following the simple care instructions and maintenance tips...
A warranty is a guarantee of the quality and performance of a product. Typically warranties for windows, doors and like products begin by covering the products will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions. Typically warranties can even be transferred from owner to owner as you sell your home too!
Once you understand what is covered under a warranty the procedure to make a claim is just as important. At Toledo Door and Window we stand behind our products and keep very good records of all purchases and warranties. We always recommend starting with a phone call to us so we can make an appointment to come out and evaluate what is happening. We will investigate the problems in question and if needed begin a claim for you with the manufacturer.
Obviously, some warranties are better and more substantial than others. At Toledo Door and Window we always encourage you to ask questions. We are always happy to supply you with a copy of the warranty policy for any product you are considering purchasing.
Here are a few maintenance tips to consider:
- Inspect for any drafts or breezes coming from window
- Restore or paint wood framing ; keep vinyl, aluminum, or fiberglass clean from debris and other things like mold growth.
- Keep weatherstripping up to date.
Garage Doors and Openers:
- Inspect all components annually - make sure nothing is worn or deffective.
- Lubricate all moving parts and tighten any bolts/nuts.
- Wooden doors should be checked for any cracks in the finish, and when needed recoated with a sealer.
- Check track alignment and spring tension.
- When cleaning - do not use power washers or garden hoses to clean ; these powerful agents can cause seal failure
- Do not scour or clean in harsh cold or hot temperatures.
- Clean at least twice a year.
Ready to be inspired?
Stop by Toledo Door and Window the Area's
Largest Showroom with professionals with over
315 years of combined Experience or Click here to see for yourself what all the excitement is about!